Darby's Top Reasons to love this hike:
1) Most National Parks don't allow dogs in the park, but Zion has the Pa'Rus Trail that let's us doggies hike for 3.5 miles.
2) Lushness is abundant! Ground cover flora, cottonwoods, evergreens, wildflowers and more. Views of amazing Zion National Park are incredible (so I hear).
3) Hike along the Virgin River (I love rivers!)
4) Great trail for hiking if you are staying in the town of Springdale, staying at park cabin or camping in near by parks. No dogs in the tent sites though.
5) Near-by town of Springdale has an off leash park near the entrance to town, near the Chevron, called George A. Barker Park, no relation.
Elevation: no gain in elevation
Picnic tables: Yes, at the Zion Canyon Visitor Center.
Round Trip Length: 3.5 miles
Pet Regulations: Dogs Allowed On Leash only on the Pa'Rus Traul
Weather: All year
Restroom : Yes, at the Zion Canyon Visitor Center
Directions: Utah: From the West, near Hurricane Utah, Hwy 15 to Hwy 9 (via Hwy from the North), then on Hwy 9 to the town of Springdale and Zional National Park; from the west or south west take Hwy 89 to Hwy 9.